Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Some time in spring 2013 ...

a little bear decided to hitch a ride to Praha.

Having arrived at “my” hotel,
as you can see here, it is a “bears” hotel, so it was an “have to go to” choice.


For starters I had a drink at the hotel pub with the local beer.

Right across my room door, I realised that some bears who arrived here, obviously arrived at the wrong time,
not necessarily at the wrong place, as you can see in the following picture.

I figure thy must have been very naughty, for being tied to a tree, they probably ate all the honey.


The charles bridge was very nice, but bitterly cold and windy. A few souls are trapped here, so I payed them a visit. 



In the castle (Pražský hrad) above the old town, I found an interesting collection from the armoury.

The houses here are  nearly my size, maybe they had a few trolls or midgets employed here?

After all that sightseeing I needed a break and went to the Cafe Imperial with it's splendid Art Deco,

People would call this "pigging out" but I am just having a large snack or a long tea time, really! OK, my tummy is full but I am a bear and the next winter will come for sure.

As I was really hungry, I paid the cafe Louvre a visit too. The chocolate cake was huge, it reached up to my shoulders and was very tasty!

For dinner I traipsed across town and got hungry again, so I followed a good advice and visited the pub of "The Good Soldier Švejk"

The beer and food was excellent and the place quite fun.

While looking around town, I found a couple of extremely pretty houses, like the art nouveau hotel.




Obviously I visited the old marketplace and 

was quite stunned by the beautiful surrounding. 

As I was getting a little thirsty I decided to have a short beer at, where else?

On my way back to the hotel in the newer part of town, 

having a last view from the Charles Bridge towards the national theatre.

The windows where quite different from what I have see until here, old but quite pretty.